1) Be sure your filet knife is sharp. That is the key to easy fish cleaning
2)Make a cut on one side behind the gills and behind the side fin. Cut down until
you feel the rib and back bone
3) Turn the fish over an make the same cut on the other side of the fish
4)Turn the fish on it's belly and cut down to the top of the rib cage, and along
the back bone until you are in line with the vent
5) Push the knife through the fish until it emerges from the bottom. Angle the
knife along the back bone towards the tail.
6) Turn the fish up onto it's belly and make a second cut along the back bone
repeating the same steps as # 5
5)Now go back to the rib area of the fish and cut down along the rib bones ,past
the gut area to the bottom
6)Cut along the bottom of the fish to remove the fillet. Turn the fish over and
do the same on the other side of the fish.
7)Grip the skin with your finger nails and cut down to the skin. Angle the knife
towards the skin and cut towards the thick part of the fillet, pealing the skin away
from the meat.
8) After skinning the fish fillets, feel along the area where the ribs were. Some
times there are small bones to be removed.
9) All done. Wash the fillets.
Come to Woodland Echoes and enjoy a
weekly fish fry..All part of the Woodland Echoes
a brochure ] [How to find
Activities][Fishing Tips] [Fishing
Packages] [Family Packages]
[Slide Show] [Links
and games page ] [Site
Riding] [Golf Information] [ GPS
Treasure Hunting] [spa packages]
This page was designed by
K.Turner and Assoc., Magnetawan Ontario